To fully enjoy your visit, order your Candlelight fastpass
now and avoid the queue.
Next Candlelight night :
Marqueyssac ’s Candlelight Night
Every Thursday evening, two thousand candles are placed throughout the gardens and more than 150 sources of light outline the cliff walk and falls.
At twilight, the romance of Marqueyssac and its extraordinary gardens is enhanced by this play of shadows and light, highlighting the beauty of the cliff and its vegetation.
At sunset, it is a dream come true to discover the Dordogne valley with its majestic castles and most beautiful villages all illuminated : Castelnaud, Beynac, La Roque-Gageac…
Every Thursday four musical entertainments
punctuate the walk:
* A pianist at the tearoom
* Indian dances by the ‘Tribu du Poète’ at the rotunda
* A jazz music group, Swing Guitar with Anne Griffith, on the Esplanade
* A saxophone quartet on the Great Walk
* A guitar and vocals duet, ‘Duo Joskat’, at the sandwich bar
Entertainment and show for children:
* Workshop of candle modelling
* “Les Marraines Fées” by Lilou’s Company : a charming ambulatory show of fairies on stilts, full of sweetness and poetry
* From the 18th of July until the 22th of August, a clown show by Les Cataclop Trotteurs
Exceptional evening on Saturday the 8th of June 2019 from 7pm.
From dusk till midnight, every Thursday evening:
Last admission at 11.00 pm.
For a complete visit of the gardens, you need to come one hour before sunset.
No need to book in advance.
Twin ticket with the Castle of Castelnaud is not valid for the candlenight evening.
Possible cancellation in case of bad weather forecast.